Registering your school garden will help you:
1. Secure funding and supplies.
School gardens must be registered with Grow To Learn NYC to be eligible for any of our Grow to Learn Mini-Grants. And as the
Citywide School Gardens Initiative, we work closely with non-profits, private corporations, and individuals who want to help school gardens, and can help connect your garden with other resources, as well.
2. Connect and communicate. When you register, you’ll receive news and updates about funding prospects, material donations, technical expertise, educational programming, professional development and other partnership opportunities. You’ll also be connected to other Garden Leaders to share experiences, teaching and learning tips and info.
3. Cut the red tape. We can help you troubleshoot, including working with our government agency partners to resolve bureaucratic hurdles.
4. Put your school garden on the map. Grow to Learn NYC is in the process of creating a mapping tool for schools, parents, policymakers, and others interested in New York City school gardens. This map will help connect garden leaders, teacher and school children.
5. Empower and sustain school gardens. Data collection and information sharing helps in developing best practices, avoids duplicative efforts, provides a platform for discussion, and helps to ensure we keep school gardens growing.